- The Democrat congresswoman revealed her diagnosis Sunday night
- She said she is experiencing undisclosed symptoms and is recovering at home
- Last week, AOC was spotted enjoying a drag brunch in Miami, where she got up close and personal with fans at the outdoor event
- AOC said she is fully-vaccinated and boosted against COVID
- Her presence in Florida, a state that she had long criticized for its lax coronavirus restrictions, appeared to irk some Republicans
- Florida confirmed a record 150,251 Covid cases January 4, around the time of AOC’s visit; it recorded 26,588 cases Sunday
- It’s not clear where she caught the virus; 1,928 cases were confirmed Sunday in Washington DC, while 81,388 cases were reported in her home state of New York
Democrat Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she has caught COVID – days after she was snapped partying maskless at a Miami drag brunch.
The Bronx Representative, 32, made the announcement on her official Twitter page Sunday night, sharing a statement on House of Representatives headed paper which said: ‘Representative Ocasio-Cortez has received a positive test result for COVID-19.
‘She is experiencing symptoms and is recovering at home. The Congresswoman received her booster shot this Fall, and encourages everyone to get their booster and follow all CDC guidance.’